Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inspiration

In 2009, I purchased the book "Photo Freedom" by Stacy Julian and it completely blew my mind!

Up until reading that book I was a chronological scrapbooker and always felt behind.  I was also beginning to freak out about how I was going to organize layouts that I finished of Bug-a-boo.

Before Bug-a-boo was born the only scrapbooking I did was of our travels.  Those were theme books and pretty easy to figure out.  But, what was I going to do about all of the "everyday" photos I was now taking of Bug-a-boo and our little family?

That's where Photo Freedom and Library of Memories came in.  It changed the way I scrapbooked and helped me to love it again!

This book was inspired by the book and the class that I took in 2010.  I found the idea for this notebook in Photo Freedom and scraplifted the cover design from Narelle Jurss who was a contributer to the book as a scrapbooker who adopted the system.


My notebook is one of my new favorite tools.  I open with one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies..."invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." Gene Wilder as Willie Wonka.

I bought a 3 subject notebook and created 3 tabs, Pages, Disney and Other.  Under the Pages tab I have sketches of my title page, dedication page, section pages and sub-section pages for my Library of Memories albums.  I include samples of the cardstock I use as well as the ribbon I use.


I am a Disney fanatic and we travel to Disney World about once a year so I do a lot of Disney themed projects.  I knew I had to have a Disney tab to include all of the ideas that I have that include Disney characters, etc.  One such idea is a Disney ABC Book for Bug-a-boo.  I took an idea from Stacy Julian to use a brag book style book to make a scrapbook.  This would have been unheard of for me before Photo Freedom.

The last tab I have is the Other tab.  This is where I record any other project that comes into my mind as well as lists of supplies I need and Cricut cartridges I want.



To quote my Scrapbooking Guru, Stacy Julian, "This Is BIG!"

No comments:

Post a Comment