All my life I have loved books. One of my earliest memories was going to the Roseville Public Library with my best friend Stacey MacDonald for Library Story Hour. We went every week and we loved it. I remember learning that once you got into 1st grade you would learn to read. I was so excited. I couldn’t wait to go to school.
Books, like the movies, have always been my great escape. While I was growing up, I devoured books. It didn’t matter what kind. From the classics to mysteries to Stephen King horror, I love it all (except the cheesy Danielle Steele type romance novels).
I guess I am a collector of books as well. I can never seem to part with them, even the lowly paperback. Although over time I have donated or sold several books, I always feel like I’m giving up a good friend. It is hard for me to explain the feeling that I get when I’m in a bookstore, a library, or in my home, surrounded by my books. It is a sense of comfort, like coming home.
Every year I keep a list of the books I've read.
2014 Books Read
- The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty
- Death In the Clouds - Agatha Christie
- Divergent - Veronica Roth
- Insurgent - Veronica Roth
- Allegiant - Veronica Roth
- Free Four - Veronica Roth
- Paris My Sweet: a year in the cit of light (and dark chocolate) - Amy Thomas
- Sherlockian - Graham Moore
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail - Cheryl Strayed
- Home Sweet Anywhere - Lynne Martin
- Inferno - Dan Brown
- Walt Disney: An American Original - Bob Thomas
- If I Stay - Gayle Forman
- 12th of Never - James Patterson
- Orange is the New Black - Piper Kerman
- The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls
- The Invention of Wings - Sue Monk Kidd
- Outlander - Diana Gabaldon