Friday, December 5, 2014

Diagon Alley - Flourish & Blotts and Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop

The next two shops were to give the girls the materials they would need for the rest of the party.  Our Hogwarts classes. 
First up was Flourish & Blotts book shop.  This is where Hogwarts students get their textbooks.  For the party it is where the girls would get their "Standard Lessons, Year 1" workbook.

Flourish & Blotts at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter


Bug-A-Boo in front of a Gilderoy Lockhart window display at
Flourish & Blotts at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
I set up a table and mounted our sign to foam core.



On the table I included a framed, autographed photo of Gilderoy Lockhart, along with 3 of his best selling books, Gilroy Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests, Travels with Trolls and Year of the Yeti.  I found three books that we never looked at and measured them.  I then put the book covers in Photoshop and resized them so they would fit the books and printed them off.  I wrapped the books with the covers and used them as decoration.












Next I started to recreate a Standards Lesson book that I found on a wonderful blog, Sweeten Your Day Events (about 75% of the ideas for this party came from that blog).  More on the book coming up in future posts.




Right next to Flourish & Blotts is Scrivenshafts Quill Shop.

Scrivenshafts Quills at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter


Window display at Scrivenshafts Quills at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Again, I found a table to act as our shop, mounted the sign to foam core and set up the quills for the girls.



I used some old books and candles for display on the bottom shelf and put the quills for the girls on the table top.




I made the quills using a paper template from Prop Printables and I bought a box of cheap pens that are able to come apart.  I printed the quills and laminated them, then I took apart the pens and taped the pen well to the back of the paper quill.  Cheap and easy!





If you would like to purchase the template or the Standard Lesson Book or $4.00 you can PayPal me at kellyldriver@yahoo.com.

Next stop...Eeylops Owl Emporium.


No comments:

Post a Comment