Friday, July 20, 2012

Sewing BRAVE Clothes

While shopping at Joann for items for Bug-A-Boo's birthday party we saw some fabric that featured Merida from BRAVE.  Well, as soon as she saw it she wanted it.  Well, I wasn't just going to buy her fabric so I asked her if she would like for me to make her a dress out of it and she very excitedly said, "YES, momma, yes!"

About a year ago I had made my first attempt at sewing clothes and made her a pillowcase dress using Simplicity pattern #2391.  I also used the same pattern to make her a pair of pants.  Both came out pretty good.

I figured I would stick with what I knew and decided to use the same patterns again.

I bought all of my materials and while pinning the pattern to the fabric realized that since the picture on the fabric had to go a certain direction, I hadn't bought enough of it.  I was able to get one panel for the dress cut out and I had a lot of fabric left over.

I took out my other patterns and realized I had enough left over fabric to make her a pillowcase top and a pair of pants.  I knew I was in for a lot of sewing.

I went back to Joann and got more of the licensed Disney fabric and was able to finish the dress.  Everything came out really cute and Bug-A-Boo loves it.  She says she is going to wear the pants and top for her "family" party and the dress for her "friends" party.

No comments:

Post a Comment