Meeting at a Glance
Goal: The Brownie team moves forward with its Take Action Project to make an impact in the community and earn it’s third key.
Toward the Award: Take Action Key
See Brownie Supply Schedule
Pre-Meeting (15 min)
-Greet, sign-in, and put on nametags.
Snack Time (Snacks, Step #4) (10 min)
Opening (5 min)
- Flag Ceremony
- Gather and greet each other with the Girl Scout handshake.
Business (10 min)
- In the Girl Scout Brownie Ring, take attendance and collect dues, review rules and assign kapers.
- “Today we are going to start taking the first steps toward our Take Action Project.”
Activity/Exploration (50 min)
- Read Chapter 5 of the Brownie Quest book .
- Talk about the different ways to promote the event: posters, flyers, e-blasts, announcements, talking to friends and neighbors, press release.
- Help the girls to write a letter/email to their principal telling them about our project and the ways we would like to promote it at school. Ask for permission to hang posters and pass out flyers, etc. We would like to have at least 2 weeks of promotion time.
- Talk about what information should go on the posters/flyers.
- Take a walk around the school building to identify good places to hang our posters.
Clean-up (10 min)
- ALL girls participate in the clean-up time! Remind the girls of kapers and work together to leave the site better than you found it.
- The Out Scout should be rotating the names on the Kaper Chart to see who will bring the snack and beverage for the next meeting.
Closing (5 min)
- FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE – Use the Girl Scout Sign again to get the girls’ attention. Ask girls to gather around and form a circle.
- Let the girls know who will be bringing the snack next time and ask the girls to take the Snack Box home. Remind girls to show their parent the note inside the snack box.
- Form a Friendship Circle, sing, “Goodbye Brownies,” and do a friendship squeeze.
- Collect nametags and sign-out.