Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dishes are done, man!

It has happened to all of us...before going to bed our dear husbands will run the dishwasher.  In the morning, not realizing that the dishes are clean we will run it again.  Well, after several weeks of this happening in our house I decided it was time to do something about it.

Using a chipboard coaster I made us a Clean/Dirty sign for the dishwasher.  I wanted it to be a magnet but our dishwasher does not accept magnets.



Using my Cricut with the cartridge George and Basic Shapes I cut out the two large circles out of patterned paper from S.E.I.'s Granny's Kitchen line and adhered them to the coaster.  I then used brown ink and inked the edges of the coaster.

Using letter stickers from S.E.I.'s Granny's Kitchen I used a "D" and a "U" turned sideways to make a "C".  I then used the Cricut Opposites Attract font for the other letters.  I punched two holes in the top and attached some ribbon from the Granny's Kitchen line.  

The sign now hangs off the handle on our dishwasher and we haven't had a wasteful load since.

No comments:

Post a Comment