Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cricut Halloween Decoration

It is almost Halloween and that means trick-or-treating, costumes, parties and decorations.

While surfing the web for some inspiration for Halloween decorations that I could make with my Cricut I came across a the artist, Lciaccio31, at scrapbook.com.  She made a beautiful centerpiece using her Cricut and I fell in love with it.  I totally "scraplifted" this idea and it is so cute.  It was time consuming but worth it.

I used the cartridge Paper Doll Dress Up for the entire project.  I've included a materials list as well as measurements for each element.  I had to eyeball it from a photo and there was a lot of trial and error so I thought I would share the information to make it easier to make yourself.

MATERIALS:

Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut Cartridge
1 terra cotta pot
1 piece of styrofoam
15 skewers
black paint to paint skewers
coordinating ribbon
cardstock
tape
glue dots
fine tip pens for detailing
colored pencils for detailing

CUT-OUTS:
(page numbers are from Paper Doll Dress Up)
2 bats at 8" (page 50)
1 tree at 11" (page 52)
1 spider at 12" (page 49)
1 spider at 9" (page 49)
1 spiderweb at 5-1/2" (page 49)
2 tombstones at 8" (page 53)
3 ghosts at 5" (page 49)
1 ghost at 7" (page 49)
2 skeletons at 5" (page 53)
1 cat  at 6" (page 49)
1 cat sitting at 8" (page 52)
2 pumpkins at 8" (page 52)
2 pumpkins at 6" (page 52)

No comments:

Post a Comment