Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family History

On our most recent trip to Michigan, The Queen Mum, gave me 3 boxes full of old family photographs.  Over the last couple of days I have been going through them.  I have found some amazing photos.  I absolutely cannot wait to start a project using these photos.  Here are just a few of the great ones.


This is a photo of my grandmother (Dorothy) and my great-aunt Sophie.  Dorothy and Sophie were sisters-in-law.  The resemblance that their daughters, Dorothy and Judy, have to them is uncanny.







This photo was taken 6 days before my grandparents, Dorothy and Eddie, got married.  So in love!!








This was taken 2 months after their wedding.  Still newlyweds I love how they are kissing while the other two girls just look at the camera.










I was so excited when I found this military portrait of my grandfather.  I is signed, "To my loving wife, Eddie"  and I can only imagine that he sent this photo to my grandmother while he was in the war.








Another great find was this wartime photo of my grandfather that had a handwritten note to my grandmother, "It's not good, but I hope you like it.  I love you dear."

No comments:

Post a Comment