Thursday, June 23, 2011

28 Days of Sketches: Days 16-20

I know, I know.  It has been way more than 28 days since I started this awesome class at Big Picture Classes.  Life has a way of preventing me from scrapbooking every day.   Anyway, here is the next batch of layouts.  I kept them pretty simple and pretty close to the sketch.

Sketch 16:  This sketch is designed for 14 photos but could easily be adapted to work with less, which is what I did.


I was able to combine the photos from the rest of the day after I ran the Half Marathon at Disney World.
I really love the simplicity of this page.


Sketch 17:  This could be changed to squares or rectangles.


When searching for a subject for this sketch I went first to my Memorabilia Box.  I found these butterflies that I saved from Bug-a-Boo's 1st Birthday Party cake.   She found them one day a months later and put them in her hair and we declared her a Butterfly Princess.  


Sketch 18:  This is another grid-based sketch that can work with 12 photos or can be combined with larger photos.  


I love these classes at BPC because I'm able to use the sketches, etc. as a way to get photos from Storage Binder #1 scrapped.  Storage Binder #1 contains photos of mine and Prince Charming's lives before we knew each other so from 1970 - 2000.  I chose to use this sketch to document some photos that had been hanging around forever that documented a pretty cool summer when I was in High School.

I had a friend that did some PR work for one of the stars of Days Of Our Lives during the late 80s, early 90s.  She knew I was a fan and would ask me along on some of the personal appearance gigs.  This was a really cool thing for me.


I added a pocket page to hold the memorabilia that I had in my Memorabilia Book from this particular trip.


Sketch 19:  The teacher of the class really likes to work with smaller photos.  I however am having a difficult time with this but am up for the challenge.


Again, I chose photos from Storage Binder #1.  I don't have to many photos of Prince Charming from this time period so I definitely want to scrap ALL of the photos I do have.  It is sometimes difficult to scrapbook something I wasn't around for and have absolutely no frame of reference for.  Fortunately, Prince Charming is onboard with my endeavor and he is happy to write the journaling for these pages that feature him.


Sketch 20:  This is a simple sketch, with photos on the right side and title on the left.  You can rotate to work with photos that are oriented differently, if you want.


More early Prince Charming photos.  These come from one of the many trips to Hilton Head Island he took in the 90s.  I just waiting for him to give me some journaling that will go in the upper left above the title.



Next up...21-24!

No comments:

Post a Comment