Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day Card

There is a blog out there that I follow on a pretty regular basis.  It is called Scrapper At Heart and it is right here at Blogspot.   The author, Jennifer, is one of the most talented Scrap Artists I have ever seen.  I have garnered inspiration from her on many occasions and plan to respectfully scrap lift some of her designs for Disney pages.  Her creativity with the Cricut is amazing to me and I look forward to new projects on her blog.

One such amazing project she highlighted was a card that she made using the Toy Story Cricut cartridge.  I had seen her post of Sept. 2010 shortly after getting my own Toy Story Cart and I was blown away.  She had made a card for her husband that featured the Lil' Green Aliens in the Claw machine.  It was awesome.  I knew I had to try it.

I had no idea how to implement the design and I didn't really have a reason or a person in mind to make it for.  That is until Bug-A-Boo's 3rd birthday weekend.  My parents and my brother and his family made the trip to Ohio for the big party.  The night before the party we decided to take all the kids to Dave and Busters for dinner and games.

I'm not even sure who's idea it was or how it started but my dad sat down at the claw machine and decided he was going to try to win Bug-A-Boo a stuffed toy.  Well, an hour or so later he was dubbed, "The Clawmaster" and had won not only Bug-A-Boo 8 different prizes but Sammie and Emma walked away with about 8 things each as well.


After that night Bug-A-Boo has called him "Clawmaster" and whenever she sees a Claw game she says, "Momma, look.  It's The Claw.  Grandpa is the CLAWMASTER!!!"

I knew immediately that I had to make the card with the Toy Story aliens for my dad.  That was in August of 2010 and I am just now getting around to doing it.

With Father's Day being this past weekend I thought it was a perfect occasion to make the card for my dad.


The card itself is 8-1/2" x 5-1/2".  I used the Toy Story Cricut Cart for the rocket and aliens.  The rocket is from <Buzz3> and I cut it at 8-1/2" and hand cut the flames off at the bottom.   The aliens were cut at 2-1/2" and I fused together (using my Gypsy) the capital "I" and "moon" shape from George to create the claw.   I can't remember what size the claw is cut at.  I then hand cut some transparency paper to make it look like the alien was enclosed in glass.  The final touches were the shapes behind the rocket. I cut out rectangles and used my Quickutz handle to emboss them with the squares.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  It took me 2 hours but it was fun to make and I knew that dad would love it!

Happy Father's Day, Clawmaster!!

No comments:

Post a Comment