Thursday, June 25, 2020

Disney Movie Week (1) Themed Dinners - The Emperor's New Groove

The Emperor's New Groove



I love The Emperor's New Groove!!!!  I chose this movie not only because it is very funny but also because one of the main characters, Kronk, is a wanna-be chef known for his Spinach Puffs.


The film takes place in Peru, in a time that is half contemporary and half Inca Empire.  For our meal I needed to research Peruvian food.  There were a lot of things that I found that sounded really good to me but I wasn't sure if the rest of the family would like them.  I finally found a Peruvian Beef Stir Fry that looked like it could be a winner.

The menu is set:


It should be interesting.

First I made the filling for the Spinach Puffs.  It was super easy.  Once the puff pastry was defrosted I made the little cones and set them aside until it was time to put them in the oven.


Next I cooked the flank steak so that it would be cooked and rested when I put it in the stir fry.  I also roasted some white sweet potatoes that I cut into fries that would be added to the stir fry.



Next I made the Green Peruvian Sauce or Green Aji Sauce, which is made from a jalapeño, green onions, cilantro, mayo and lemon juice.  I put it all in my blender and this really pretty green sauce came out and was so yummy!


Next I cooked up the onions and peppers and then added the stir fry sauce, which was soy sauce, red wine vinegar and cumin.  The cumin really gave it a different flavor then an average stir fry has.


I took the easy way out and bought frozen cauliflower rice and I steamed it in the bag in my microwave while the veggies and sauce were reducing.

Finally, everything was done and it all came out great!  The spinach puffs were so good and the stir fry was amazing.









It was such a yummy and healthy dinner and I will definitely make it again!  

Tomorrow join us for spaghetti and meatballs as we watch Lady & the Tramp.

No comments:

Post a Comment