Wednesday, June 10, 2020

HPSC: Week 12, Muggle Studies and End of Term

Week twelve:  August 14-18

This is our last week of class and I had a hard time coming up with a class but then I thought what about Muggle Studies.  We could fit in a bunch of stuff that didn't necessarily fit into any of the other weeks.

Day 1

We continued with our Divination journals by drawing an Oracle Card and recording it.  We also completed reading the Illustrated Edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  On the Harry Potter Bloomsbury website I found a Chamber of Secrets discussion guide and a Certificate of Completion.  There was also a lot of other really great things on this website that inspired several of the things we did this summer.




Day 2

Today we learned about the Muggle device called the television by visiting the Old Hilliard Early Television Museum.  I had no idea that this place even existed but we went and were pleasantly surprised.  It was really cool and definitely a hidden gem.







Day 3

Today we were supposed to go and see a favorite Muggle past time...a baseball game.  The Columbus Clippers were playing the Rochester Red Wings.


Day 4

Today we are taking our OWLS Exam, which is just book trivia.






And the answers...




Day 5

On our final day I awarded Bug-a-Boo all of the Girl Scout Badges that she earned this summer.  

The Scribe Badge
The Digital Photography Badge
The Flower Badge
The Gardening Badge
The Jeweler Badge

I was so lucky to have been able to find Girl Scout Badges that fit our theme perfectly and really enhanced our summer camp.  








 We also finished out latch hook rugs.  Now we just have to finish off the edges.



This Harry Potter summer camp for my Bug-a-Boo is one of the most involved, organized, creative and daunting things I have ever created and I am so proud of it and so happy that I was able to have all this fun and all these adventures with my favorite little witch.  I hope it is something that she will always remember.  I hope one day I can do it for my grandchildren if I am so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment