Monday, December 26, 2011

12 Days of Christmas-Day 9

Nic Howard is the teacher today and the lesson is going to be one of my favorites.

Photo Prompt: 
When you start baking for this festive season, don't forget to snap pictures during the process. Whether it's a favourite batch of cookies or other treats, you could take pictures of the baking process, the finished treats, perhaps even the clean-up! Don't forget to take photos of your little helpers if you have some giving you a hand in the kitchen, you'll need three 6" x 4" photos for the layout you will create!

Every year since Prince Charming and I were married I (we) have made a themed cake at Christmas.  Also, in the grand tradition of the Queen Mum (my mother) I bake a boat load of cookies.

Christmas cakes past:

2004 - Our first cake

2005
2007 - I took 2006 off since I was pregnant and started again with the Yule cake in 2007.

2009 - It looks like I took 2008 off as well.

2010 - First cake with Bug-A-Boo's help

Now that we have Bug-A-Boo, and she is old enough, one of her favorite things is making the cookies and cake.  It is so much fun!


Gather the following supplies:
  • one sheet black cardstock
  • one sheet white cardstock
  • one sheet kraft cardstock
  • one small piece of red patterned paper or cardstock
  • one small piece of light green patterned paper
  • one small piece of mixed red/green patterned paper
  • four red brads
  • small white alphabet
  • baker's twine in red - or alternative
  • inks - optional for shading/distressing



No comments:

Post a Comment