Friday, April 25, 2014

Wilderness Explorer Birthday Party - The Food

The food is always such an important part of any party and a 6-year-old Wilderness Explorer party is no different.  Like last year the party was in the middle of the afternoon (after lunch but before dinner) and I did not want to serve a meal.

This was also one of the only ways I could think of where I would be able to incorporate Dug and Kevin as well.

I kept everything very easy and I think everything was a hit.

The Menu:

- Dug's Doggie Biscuits: Dog bone shaped sugar cookies
- Kevin's Chocolate Treats:  M&M's (because Kevin loved chocolate)
- Fruit:  Strawberries, grapes, apples, raspberries, blackberries
- Wilderness Explorer Trail Mix:  In a large bowl, mix together, 1 cup peanuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup mini pretzels, 1 cup dried cranberries.  Never explore the wilderness without a full bag of trail mix!

The best part of the food was the "cake".   Instead of a cake she wanted S'mores.  Since it would have been extremely difficult to actually do S'mores I came up with a S'mores Trifle.  It was so incredibly easy and delicious.  It was a big hit.

For the parfaits I just crushed a box of graham crackers in my food processor and put a layer on the bottom of Mason Jars.  Then I put a layer of chocolate pudding, a layer of Cool Whip, topped it with mini marshmallows and stuck a square of Hershey chocolate in the top.



We did an even larger version of the Trifle for her family party.


For more of the Wilderness Explorer/Up party please see the links below.  Thanks for your time and please comment below to tell me how you like our party.  Don't forget to follow my blog for more fun party, scrapbooking, home decor and many other project ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment