Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wilderness Explorer Birthday Party - The Stationary


The first impression that people get about a party is by the invitations.  I wanted to have something that would really reflect the fun and adventure of the Wilderness Explorer party.

I went online and found a lot of great ideas but my favorite was a ticket.




I can't remember where I found it but I knew I had to use it for the invitations.  I went through a couple of different incarnations of an invitation.  First, I thought I would use the ticket like a postcard.  Filling out the party information and having the recipient and the address on the back.  I didn't really like it.  I also made a plain invitation and thought about using the ticket as an insert that the girls would have to bring to the party and redeem for a prize.  I didn't like that either and the chances of the girls remembering to bring it were slim.  Finally, I came up with a card that incorporated the ticket on the front of the card.


I went to the AAA office and got 2 South America maps.  I used one to cut up for the front of the invitations and I used the other for decoration at the party.  Using white scrapbooking paper and the maps I made invitations that were 8" x 4" and fit into a standard business envelope.  On the outside was the ticket and on the inside was more detailed party information.  I just love these invitations.  They came out so cute.

I also made sure we had themed Thank You notes as well.



I printed this out and again using scrapbook paper made note cards that were 3" x 5" and fit in standard invitation size envelopes.


For more of the Wilderness Explorer/Up party please see the links below.  Thanks for your time and please comment below to tell me how you like our party.  Don't forget to follow my blog for more fun party, scrapbooking, home decor and many other project ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment