Friday, April 25, 2014

Wilderness Explorer Birthday Party - The Favors

The favors pulled double duty at this party.  As each girl arrived they were given a sash and a Wilderness Explorer Survival Bag that had all the essentials for the upcoming activities...compass, binocular, disguise glasses, rope , bookmarks and trail mix.  These items were also part of the favors.



Making the favors for the Wilderness Explorer party were a lot of fun to make.  I went to the Disney website first to see what kind of printables they had and I found a lot of great stuff.  I included Ellie's Adventure Activity book, the Wilderness Explorer Handbook from Disney's Animal Kingdom (which the cast members were gracious enough to give me 10), The Ellie Badge (Grape Soda pin) and a Carl cut out.



In addition to these fun books I decided to make Grape Soda badges for all the girls.  These were pretty easy to make.  I found all the supplies at Michael's:  bottle caps, large safety pins and Modge Podge Dimensional Magic.


I found the Grape Soda template online and converted it to the size I needed and printed them out.


I used a circle punch to cut them out


I used a scrapbooking adhesive to attach the paper soda tops to the bottle caps and used the Modge Podge to cover them.


I started with the Modge Podge around the edges to make sure that the paper stayed attached to the bottle cap.  I then filled in the middle.



I printed out the cards to attach them too and waited for them to dry before pinning them to the card.

The Ellie Badge - "You and me, we're in a club now!"



The best part about the card was the cute illustration I found of Ellie as a girl.  It kind of looks like Bug-A-Boo.  It definitely is a perfect depiction of her spirit and personality.

For more of the Wilderness Explorer/Up party please see the links below.  Thanks for your time and please comment below to tell me how you like our party.  Don't forget to follow my blog for more fun party, scrapbooking, home decor and many other project ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment