Saturday, July 18, 2020

"Love You" door

Recently I signed up to take a scrapbook class from Stacy Julian, called 20 in 20. It started in January but she offered a discount to join in July and all the proceeds were donated to charities for Black Lives Matter. One of the first optional projects she gave us was to create something using photos and a "new medium". So something other than paper products.

Here is my "new medium" project for July. I used wood, paint and magnets. I was inspired by Stacy's own garage door. While she decorated the door inside the garage I did something a little different. My "love you" is on the inside of the garage door.  




Whenever we leave the house I like to make sure that we tell those staying home that we love them and give kisses (just in case, you never know).  

Sometimes though we may not be around to say it or give kisses so I put this on the door as we leave the house. I used pictures of the three of us, our dog and grandparents. I also included some fun quotes as well.  






We have very subtly decorated our living room with an "UP" theme (a Paradise Falls jar on a shelf, a small painting of the house and the falls and other things) so the magnets I made were Ellie's bottle cap badges.






I love it so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment