Friday, July 10, 2020

Stranger Things Birthday Party

As Bug-A-Boo's 13th birthday draws near, I am reflecting on the party she had last year and I know that it is the last "themed" birthday party I will ever do for her.  It makes me sad but as she gets older I need to remember that it is the way of things.

For her 12th birthday she wanted to have a Stranger Things party.  The third season of the Netflix, hit show, was all Bug-A-Boo and her friends talked about.  They were obsessed.

The planning for a party (for me at least) always begins with the food.  

The girls were going to be here around dinner time and I wanted to do a themed dinner and thought Burger King would be perfect since that is what Hopper gets for him Joyce, Murray and Alexi.  And we had to have Cherry Slurpee, in honor of Alexi.  Since there aren't any 7-Eleven's around I found a recipe for cherry slurpee on the internet.  They were a big hit.







Bug-A-Boo didn't want a cake...she wanted a Waffle Bar.  The main character of Stranger Things is Eleven and she loves Waffles.  Eggo's play a big part in the show.

I thought that was a great idea.  I searched the internet for Waffle Bar topping ideas and came across a great idea on Pinterest.  In order to give the girls ideas of how to top their waffles we came up with 8 different character waffles.  Some of these I borrowed from Pinterest and some we came up with ourselves.  I then made signs that we could display.  They included pictures of POP! Figures, which Bug-A-Boo collects.






-THE JOYCE

A little nuts!  Top with Peanut Butter, bananas and mini M&Ms.




-THE NANCY

Goodie Goodie with a rebellious side!  Top with Strawberries, bananas and chocolate chips.




-THE HOPPER

A little blue and a little rough but with a soft side!  Top with blueberries, chopped nuts and whipped cream


-THE DUSTIN

Bring on the sweets!  Top with chocolate pudding, whipped cream and sprinkles.




-THE ELEVEN

Simple but brilliant!  Top with chocolate chips and syrup.




-THE MAX

A fiery redhead with a sweet side! Top with strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate pudding and sprinkles 




-THE BILLY

A dark and brooding bad boy!  Top with chocolate pudding, chocolate chips and chocolate syrup




-THE STEVE

Scoops Ahoy Employee (best mom ever) of the Month!  Top with blueberries, strawberries and mini marshmallows! 



So our list of toppings is as follows:


-chopped peanuts

-peanut butter

-bananas

-strawberries

-chocolate chips

-mini marshmallows

-blueberries

-syrup

-sprinkles

-whipped cream

-snack pack chocolate pudding


Scoops Ahoy Ice Cream Shop also is a main location for the action in season three, so we knew we had to have an ice cream bar.  Since season three had just premiered a month earlier there were still places doing promotions with the show.  One of those was Baskin Robbins.  They had teamed up with Target to sell pints of Stranger Things themed ice cream.  I scoured the Target website for the ice cream and finally found one that had a few of the flavors.  It was an hour away, but I really wanted to get the ice cream for her.




I also made special Scoops Ahoy bowls for them.


Next up were the decorations.  I created a few little posters to hang up around the kitchen.  The Missing poster of Will and Barb that were used in the show and Will's drawing of Bob.




I also made some character paper dolls using my Circuit to be used as a centerpiece.  This is probably my favorite thing for the party.


Lucas

Eleven 

Dustin

Will in the Upside Down

Mike

Max


Last but not least were the favor bags.  I wanted to make sure I had some things from the 80s.  I got mini Rubix Cubes and iconic 80s candy - Pop Rocks, Airheads, Nerds and Stranger Things Pez dispensers.  I also found the coolest iPad stickers.  It was the sheet music to The Never Ending Story song with a drawing of Dustin and Suzie.  


Overall, it was a great birthday party and they all had a lot of fun.





While they ate their waffles and ice cream they watched Season 1 Episode 1 of Stranger Things and played Bug-A-Boo's new game.







No comments:

Post a Comment