Tuesday, May 17, 2011

28 Days of Sketches - Day 2

I know it has actually been several days since my class started (we are actually on day 13) but this is the first chance I've gotten to sit down and actually scrap in about a week.  I'm hoping to catch up over the rest of the week and this weekend.


This was a great sketch.  It is a grid based sketch. According to Lisa Day, "The nice thing about this sketch is that it’s easy to make it work with 6 photos as designed or you can alter it to work for more or less photos. You can use fewer photos by combining some of the 2” x 2” spots to place a bigger photo or add more by splitting a 4” x 4” spot to add smaller photos."   To enlarge this sketch to 12” x 12”, add another column. Put more 2” x 2” or 4” x 4” photos in the first two rows and then move the title over to the right.




For my 12x12 adaptation I used a 4x6, 3-4x4 and 1-2x2 along with a 2x2 embellishment.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out.



No comments:

Post a Comment