Friday, March 13, 2015

Hogsmeade: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

Just before parents started picking everyone up the girls were able to visit a few other places in Hogsmeade Village.  They would get their party favors at Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes and Honeydukes.  First up was Weasley's...

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes at Universal Studios Orlando

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes at Universal Studios Orlando
Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes at Universal Studios Orlando
I found some brilliant Weasley product artwork online at The RPF and I printed them out and hung them on our photo tree near the front door.




On the adjacent wall I hung up Proclamation Education Decree No. 98 that had to do with Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes.


Next were the Weasley products.  The first item were Weasley's Wonderous Wands.  During the fourth of July I purchased boxes of sparklers, I downloaded the artwork, resized it in Photoshop, printed on heavy yardstick and adhered it to the boxes.


The next item was Extendable Ears.  While shopping for cauldrons I found some at an amazing price but in order to place an order at the website you had to spend $45 dollars.  I found some Harry Potter glasses but was still short.  And then I saw these clown ears and I thought I could make Extendable Ears.  I got the ears and bought some flesh colored yarn.  I punched holes in the back of the ears and attached a 12 foot piece of yarn to them.



By modifying the instructions to make the wand boxes a little I was able to make boxes for the ears.  I printed the artwork for the Extendable Ears and adhered it to the boxes.



The girls were also able to get a pair of Harry Potter glasses.


I had so much fun coming up with all the Weasley stuff.  The girls really liked it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment