Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Abridged Harry Potter party with family

For Bug-A-Boo's family party we had an abridged version of the Harry Potter Party.  We decorated the pub to look like The Three Broomsticks and the dining room to look like the Great Hall.  We had Butter Beer, and a cake and for the Gluten Free people I made Chocolate Frogs and Fizzing Whizbees.

The Three Broomsticks


enjoying a Butter Beer

Owl Post
Honeydukes


The Great Hall and the cake


For the cake at the family party I wanted to do something a little bit more decorative.  I wanted to focus more on the books for this party so I made the cake to look like a book.

I bought a cake mix and baked it in a 9 x 13 pan.  I cut a slit down the middle to look like the center  of a book.  I gave the cake a crumb coat of frosting and refrigerated it for an hour.



For the book mark and the scarf I needed to use fondant.  I bought pre-colored fondant paste at Michaels and made a Gryffindor scarf and a book mark for the cake.


The other decorations for the cake were super easy.   I just used Bug-A-Boo's toy Harry Potter glasses, Golden Snitch and her wand that she got from Universal Studios Orlando.


Using black icing I wrote the message on the cake.  It was her 7th birthday, hence chapter 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment