Meeting at a Glance
Goal: Girls learn about Their Customers and how to Give Back
Toward the Award: Earning the My Customer and Give Back badge and Snacks
See Brownie Supply Schedule
Pre-Meeting (15 min)
-Greet, sign-in, and put on nametags.
-Write a letter to your future self. Attach to the back page in the GGGS.
Opening (5 min)
- Flag Ceremony
-Gather and greet each other with the Girl Scout handshake.
-Take turns saying one thing about one of your Brownie friends that is different from you (i.e., color of your hair) and why you like it. Then say one thing you have in common (i.e., like to read or eat ice cream).
-Sing “Make New Friends” and ask the girls if they have a song they would like to teach the group.
Business (10 min)
-Take attendance and collect dues, review rules and assign kapers.
Activity/Exploration (60 min)
- Do the activities in the Meet My Customers packet in the GGGS book. (Meet My Customers, Steps #1-5)
- Do the activities in the Give Back packet in the GGGS book. (Give Back, Steps #1-5)
- In order to satisfy Step 3-Sweet Snack of the Snacks Legacy Badge we planned a Christmas Cookie exchange. Each girl had to bring 8 dozen cookies (1 dozen per girl). Exchange cookies and recipes for the cookie exchange. (Snacks, Step #3)
Clean-up (10 min)
- All girls should participate! Remind girls of kapers and work together to leave the site better than you found it
- The Out Scout should be rotating the names on the Kaper Chart to see who will bring the snack and beverage for the next meeting.
Closing (5 min)
-Form a Brownie Ring
-Explain that we have a long holiday break and that when we start meeting in the New Year that we will be starting the Journey, “Brownie Quest”.
-Form a Friendship Circle, sing, “Brownie Smile Song,” and do a friendship squeeze.
-Collect nametags and sign-out.