Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Girl Scout Daisy End of Year Outing

When I decided to become a Girl Scout leader I knew that selling cookies would be a part of it however, I also knew that I did not want to focus to much on it.  So when it came time to sell cookies I asked the girls what they wanted to do with the money that they earned.  They brainstormed a list and decided that they wanted to go to the Franklin Park Conservatory.  In order to pay for it they did the math and determined that they would each need to sell 10 boxes of cookies.  They sold much more.


I contacted the Conservatory and found that they offered PreK - High School Programs.  We set it up that the girls would take part in the Habitat Adventure Program.  They would learn the essential needs of pants and animals and how they interact with each other.  They would also learn to identify the basic workings of three different habitats to compare and contrast each one.

The girls had a great time.









No comments:

Post a Comment